Web Development Lead
Anyone interested in either remote employment, or on-location (Switzerland) employment, leading a team of 2 remote mid-tier front-end and back-end devs to build & maintain a website & api?
Crunch is strictly forbidden, overtime accounted for, pay is standard/mid-range.
I’m not just looking for someone who can write code, I want people who have experience:
- building web and/or mobile products
- writing documentation, communicating with people
- leading teams
- Knowledge in React and/or Angular and/or View
- Knowledge in Node and/or Elixir
The website is an e-learning platform with quizzes and lessons, but it also ties in through a REST interface with machines on which you can pass additional tests (not available in the web interface because they require specific input devices).
A mobile app should be coming some time in the future. No specific technologies used (we currently use Moodle/PHP/MySQL, but we might want to drop it). I have a preference towards Node/React because I can pitch in more, but this is very much Bring Your Own Language (Rust/Elixir appreciated).
You begin with two people under you, but the team will grow depending on necessities. We’re currently trying to hire a designer.
You will be embedded within a larger team (20 devs), so you will have access to more help, advice, review, ass well as to more resources in short bouts if needed.
If interested, PM me with credentials/portfolio/whatever you think is relevant. No need for pages of text, keep it short and sweet. If you lack credentials but have guts, PM me too, I take chances on people.
We are a company producing consumer-facing hardware which runs a custom Kiosk application on Linux.
I’m looking for a person who will manage our core systems. This person will work in a small team of 3 to 5 people and will be responsible for:
- Composing the different services in use in our consumer-facing hardware
- Creating and maintaining an update system
- Triggering and controlling updates
- Managing data collection and storage (statistics)
We don’t do crunch, we pay people salaries that are standard/mid-range
You will be given agency and freedom to choose tools you are comfortable with (as long as they fulfill the project’s requirements).
Skills we’re looking for:
- Fluent English
- Advanced knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of automation software (eg Puppet, Saltstack)
- Experience with automation scripting languages (eg python, bash)
- Experience with systems programming languages (eg C, C++, Rust)
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with version control
This is a critical part of our system and so, we won’t consider people without experience in this specific domain.